Wednesday, September 16, 2009

diaper obsessions

A small diaper on a larger tush
Before Ruthie was born, I'd done a little reading into cloth diapering.  I thought that it sounded like something I might want to attempt.  I liked the idea of being a little more environmentally friendly.  I liked not having quite as much trash leave our house.  I liked the idea of not spending so much money on disposable diapers.  I had no idea how... shall I say "obsessed" for the condition I have now?  I'll just say that I really like cloth diapering our little one's tush.  I do indeed like it for all the reasons stated above, but can I just brag on how cute her little cloth diapered bottom is?  The diapers themselves are so very easy to use.  I think that most people think of pins, folding, and agony when thinking about cloth diapers.  That's simply not the case for us.  They are quick to put on, quick to get off and easy to launder.  And, though I'm not a fashionista by any means - low maintenance is the name of my game - it's quite fun to match her diapers to her outfits!  I'm sure I'll have more to post on this later but I actually have a load of fluffy (cloth diapers) laundry to do now.